[lbo-talk] The "Raunch Feminism" floating debate party

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 30 09:10:59 PST 2005

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>I now imagine similar discussions, splitting along similar lines,
>occurring wherever Levy's work is on the table even when all the
>participants are women as happened here --
>
><http://slate.msn.com/id/2126570/entry/2126575/?nav=ais>

One of whom is Laura Kipnis. About eight years ago, I endured one of the more unpleasant evenings of my life - drinks & dinner with her. She was relentlessly arrogant and mean. During the course of our conversation, which wasn't all that long after Bound & Gagged came out, she told me that she doesn't like porn - she just liked that "it fucks things up."

Doug