[lbo-talk] Free Doug Henwood

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:50:02 PDT 2005

> I agree - I'm just afraid that a professional publicist would push
> things too far in the wrong direction.

Well, it looks like the professional publicists are out:

Powerful liberal advocacy groups such as MoveOn.org are taking a less active role in Cindy Sheehan's anti-war activities in the wake of criticism that they may have muddied her message.

[ . . . ]

"The vigil started as a very grass-roots thing and then grew because groups like MoveOn were drawn to what Cindy was doing and wanted to offer their support," said Wade Fletcher of Mintwood Media Collective, a Washington-based public-relations group advising the Sheehan demonstrators. "Now we're kind of bringing it back to the original grass roots," he added. For example, the protesters will no longer receive strategic and political advice from Fenton Communications, a large, left-wing public-relations firm. That role reverts to Mintwood, a small operation that helped Mrs. Sheehan early on.

[ . . . ]

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20050830-103725-7803r.htm

Chuck0 and I both know Adam Eidinger, one of the founders of Mintwood, from his work in the global justice movement in DC. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050901/e043fddb/attachment.htm>