[lbo-talk] Re the city that care forgot

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 1 08:27:34 PDT 2005

>This breeching "experiment" basically belies the claims of anarchists and
>their likes that people will self organize from below as soon as the
>oppressive norms and institutions of the state and capitalist society are
>abolished. Well, these norms and institutions were abolished in NO and what
>ensued is total chaos and gangsterism - just as the institutionalists (such
>as myself) would predict.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, here I was thinking it was chaos induced by a series of natural disasters, exacerbated by poor planning and emergency response execution. Too bad institutionalists can't do weather forecasts and just as accurately predict when the levees are going to break, all this chaos (ahem, chaos, *not* anarchy) might have been avoided.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon