[lbo-talk] Rogue N.O. cops

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 11:04:23 PDT 2005

Yep, I have some friends in New Orleans who can confirm first person accounts of cops looting. They saw police looting a Wal-Mart store that a few weeks ago this blogger has bought school supplies at.

In addition, Salon has picked up the "looting" vs. "finding" media racism story, which I first saw the day before yesterday, posted on the "anarchists" LiveJournal forum, incidentally. http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/09/01/photo_controversy/index_np.html

-B.

---

Max B Sawicky wrote:

>From a N.O. blogger, hanging on by his fingernails:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

. . . The Iberville Housing Projects got pissed off because the police started to "shop" after they kicked out looters. Then they started shooting at cops. When the cops left, the looters looted everything. There's probably not a grocery left in this city.