[lbo-talk] WSJ: NO sinks deeper into crisis

Gary? slade.g at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:22:43 PDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:A WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE NEWS ROUNDUP

> Mr. Chertoff maintained that "the Superdome is secure,"

He also said people should assemble at other points.When you see the angry people at the convention centre left with no food or water or guidance you wonder where exactly these other assembly points are and with the total lack of communication how are the people supposed to know what to do. I think I could recite the constantly referenced shopping list of tarps and mre's that are supposedly distributed according to officials. This is a huge disaster and initially I gave the authorities the benefit of the doubt but this is ridiculous, I heard a suggestion that looters could be detained at an army base, why couldn't the survivors be evacuated to bases ?

Gary? ride si sapis -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050901/672eae4c/attachment.htm>