[lbo-talk] In Praise of Looting

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 23:03:37 PDT 2005

No, apparently you are supposed to ignore the perfectly fine stuff near you, and wait on folks like me, 9 hours way from you, to scrounge through my pantry and find some cans of baked beans to cupply you through the "proper channels." Fuck that! Loot the goddamn store, dude! Get the beer and DVD players out of it, too, for all I care!

What's depressing is local aid agencies are basically touting this "wait for official aid" line, hesitant as they are to deviate from govt-approved rhetoric.

-B.

Joanna wrote:

So you're starving, you're freezing, and you've got no water. There's a store near you with food, clothes, and water. But you're not supposed to go into the store to get anything cause that's looting? Or, what, you're supposed to leave money? Where?

The journalists may be too stupid to see it, but do Americans really accept this?

Joanna