[lbo-talk] Bush walk

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:34:37 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Mark Bennett quoted:
>
>>"... the president was taking an aerial tour of the city
>>and making an appearance at the airport several miles from the center of
>>town."
>
>How's this playing? He looks imperious, confused, and removed, but what do
>I know? I hate the guy.

At this point, GWB could project all the gravitas and focus of Lincoln at Gettysburg, and he would still find it impossible to offset soundbites like this: "An exasperated-sounding Mayor C. Ray Nagin did not hold back his anger in an interview with a New Orleans radio station [Thursday night] that ended with sounds of the mayor and the interviewer in tears. 'I keep hearing that this is coming, that is coming,' he said in reference to federal aid. 'And my answer to that today is b.s. - where is the beef?'"

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/02/national/nationalspecial/02cnd-storm.html?hp&ex=1125720000&en=c39cf45e7f030e63&ei=5094&partner=homepage>

Carl