[lbo-talk] Palast on Huey Long and LA 1927

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Fri Sep 2 10:11:37 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood

Mark Bennett wrote:

>Michael Pollak
>Palast: "That was yesterday. Today he played golf. No kidding."

>Is this true? Did Bush play golf yesterday? This can't be true. He
>played fucking GOLF?

You gotta be careful with Palast - he's a little, um, hasty sometimes.

Yeah, I know, that's why I asked. I can't believe that even Bush would have played a round of golf yesterday. Given the gumption displayed by even the likes of MSNBC in recent days, I would imagine they would have crucified Bush if took the time to play a round of golf while NO sank into the Gulf.

Counterpunch has an interesting bit on Cuba's response to Hurricane Ivan last year: CAT 5, 1.3 million evacuated, no deaths.

http://www.counterpunch.com/stephens09022005.html