[lbo-talk] $100b in losses?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 16:56:26 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?siteid=mktw&dist=nwtam&guid=%7B5BAF8843%2D43C6%2D472A%2DAE56%2D50A9D5503B20%7D>
>

> Katrina's economic cost put at $100B
> Flooding, slow response exacerbating losses, RMS says

Went to get my kid a pair of sneakers this afternoon (Oakland, CA). A number of customers were being turned away because the staff could not find shoes in their size. Apparently the just-in-time inventory depends a goods from Asia being able to get from the East coast to us. This didn't make sense. I would think Asian goods would get shipped across the Pacific. Be that as it may, I'm sure there will be a lot of goods that don't make it into the country because of damage in NO...just in time for Xmas season shopping.

I reflected today on how Bush's reign began and ended with catastrophe. 9/11 and now this.

Joanna