[lbo-talk] world stunned by US idiocy, brutality

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sun Sep 4 10:48:25 PDT 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 6:18 PM, mike larkin wrote:

> The trouble is that over and over again, Bush looks
> like he's finally met his match, and then he pulls
> through. His base is about 40% of the population and
> it doesn't look like they're going to desert him for anything.

I'm not so sure about that. My very conservative Father who voted for Bush twice told me this morning that Bush was through. He said nobody wanted to witness such incompetence and why didn't they get those people out and what happened? Even he wants an investigation so how Bush and Rove spin this in the next weeks (if they can, the media seems pretty POed too) will mean a great deal to what happens to Bush. The Bush voters still have a hard time hearing the facts. My father, for instance, did not want to hear about how Bush had been cutting funding for FEMA over these past years. They have selective hearing but this NOLA thing has at least awakened some and it IS DUE TO THE PRESS COVERAGE that could not be ignored. My father is no avid reader but he does watch TV news.

Marta