[lbo-talk] Irish Superdome refugees on the news just now

Seth Kulick skulick at linc.cis.upenn.edu
Sun Sep 4 15:42:02 PDT 2005

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:02:54 -0700
> From: Tom Walker <timework at telus.net>
> Subject: [lbo-talk] Irish Superdome refugees on the news just now
> To: l b o <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>
>
> "We got out because of the kindness of strangers. The American
> Government did NOTHING."
>
> Nice allusion! "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." - Blanche DuBois, A Streetcar Named Desire
>
> Sandwichman

I said "Me pretty Creole girl, my money here's no good And if it weren't for the alligators, I'd sleep out in the wood." "You're welcome here kind stranger, our home is very plain. And we never turn a stanger out, on the banks of Pontchartrain."

"Lakes of Pontchartrain" traditional, arranged by Paul Brady (Irish musician) (frequently done by Bob Dylan 1988-90)