[lbo-talk] Where's Dick Cheney

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:21:09 PDT 2005

On Monday, September 05, 2005 8:50 AM [PDT], Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> Anybody know where the VP has been lately
> or what he's been up to? I haven't seen
> anything about in the news this past
> week. Looking at the White House
> website,
> (http://www.whitehouse.gov/vicepresident/)
> the latest item I see for him is a speech
> that he gave on August 18.
>
> Then in yesterday's news, I read about
> Rumsfeld visiting the Gulf Coast. Isn't
> that the sort of thing that the VP would
> ordinarily be doing? And most importantly,
> there is the Boy Emperor's weak and
> fumbling responses to N.O. all
> of last week. What's up with that?
>
> So where's
> Dick? Is he in an "undisclosed location"
> or is he ill or what?

I checked the other day... Here's the update:

He's cancelled his trip to Alberta as of 14 hours ago because of the Katrina/Gulf coast disaster, but no word on what he might do instead.

Be afraid, be very afraid.... He's working on the piece of the constitution regarding state control of National Guard troops.

Kidding... Kidding! However, they've already revised or eliminated the Posse Comitatus Act, so it would just be another boot on the neck, choking the life out of America.

Leigh