[lbo-talk] Evacuating half a million people

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Sep 6 12:02:55 PDT 2005

> "Best pre-hurricane conditions" = 20 mph?

I'm only skimming these messages, but yes, she means that if you didn't have hurricane force winds and rain and you emptied the city in this way, you'd be in bumper-to-bumper traffic. So it's worse if you have bad weather.

Sheesh.

I read that this was the case the other day, but once they put into place the "contraflow" stuff -- let people drive on the wrong side of the road, doubling your capacity -- it got a lot better.

/jordan