[lbo-talk] Counterpunch plagiarizes...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 6 12:12:54 PDT 2005

The piece <http://www.counterpunch.org/putin.html>, dated April 17, 2001, refers to "his natural son ... The boy's mother is now an American citizen," and seems to be a rather circumstantial account. It notes that "It was during a time when it was unclear what was going to happen to the Yeltsin government."

How is that "clearly made-up"? If it is in fact one of the "demonstrable fabrications" to which you refer, I hope that was demonstrated to the editors. It's hardly evidence for that, much less for the assertion that the "website publishes

... plagiarized material repeatedly." --CGE

--- Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Man, a few years ago they published a clearly made-up diatribe about how Putin (and his son) were traipsing through North America ordering prostitutes. Putin has no son. It was quite obviously pulled out of the writer's ass (kind of racist too). As far as I know it is still on their website. Disgraceful.