[lbo-talk] black vote

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 6 12:23:32 PDT 2005

Dwayne:
> Will this (the US' end or dissolution as a single state) be brought about
by what
> you call "poisonous" diversity (perhaps you should have selected a less
flame
> broiled word, one not so likely to inspire the reader who's unfamiliar
with your
> LBO oeuvre to conclude you're a more intellectual version of the
anti-immigrant
> Minutemen,...unless of course...)? I suppose we, or our descendants, will
find
> out.

The question of social diversity vs cohesion has received a good deal of bona fide debate in economic and sociology, so there is no need to bait it with references to racist vigilantism.

All I am saying is that any country with this level of inequality would have a hard time to survive as a whole if it were not for its isolation and government bribes to buy social peace.

Wojtek