[lbo-talk] Evacuating half a million people

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 6 12:30:12 PDT 2005

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

>Well there are these things called busses that can hold upwards of 40 people.

Ever driven a school bus (which is what was available, and what the wingers are waving pictures of) in high winds?

I took one from Kansas City to San Fran, down to LA, and eventually up to New York by way of Dallas. It's no fun when you get a standard heavy wind. They also make much bigger wrecks when you try and fail.

If we had public tranportation--which we should and which we need--this crankiness you and Woj and showing on this issue would be understandable, but we're talking about working with what was there at the time, and that was school buses. They aren't really suitable for evacuation use, but there are wingers all over the fricking country defending Bush on the basis that they should have been used.

Thanks,

John A

see me fulminate at http://www.jzip.org/