[lbo-talk] black vote

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 12:52:24 PDT 2005

Wojtek:

The question of social diversity vs cohesion has received a good deal of bona fide debate in economic and sociology, so there is no need to bait it with references to racist vigilantism.

All I am saying is that any country with this level of inequality would have a hard time to survive as a whole if it were not for its isolation and government bribes to buy social peace.

Apologies for the los vigilantes-baiting.

I find that now you've explicitly stated your meaning, highlighting the inequality factor, I mostly agree with the core argument. Yes, in the absence of greater equality there's a much higher probability of mayhem when society stressing events happen.

Your use, originally, of phrases like "poisonous diversity", which focus one's attention -- and not in a pleasant way -- obscured all that behind an angry-old man-on-porch-with-shotgun curmudgeon-osity.

.d.