[lbo-talk] Re: cuban public transit

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Sep 6 13:57:02 PDT 2005

>"HAVANA, Cuba, August 29
> (Ariel Delgado Covarrubias / www.cubanet.org)
> - A worsening of public transportation in Havana has caused grumbling
>among those who depend on the bus service.
>"This unbearable," said a youth at a bus stop at the busy corner of
>Boyeros and 100. "I've been waiting for two hours and the buses don't
>stop."
>There were an estimated 80 people waiting at the stop, while dozens more
>awaited buses going in another direction."

so how did they get more than a million people out of danger before that hurricane?

mule train?

did they ride their dogs and cats out of town?

anyone can find the same form of crit for muni in san francisco or any number of lines in new york...

and those places are not under attack by the usa...

at least not overtly...

fs