[lbo-talk] Evacuating half a million people

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 14:44:32 PDT 2005

John Adams:

> I'm still trying to find people I know there, but this objectively
> pro-Bush bullshit--and in this context, that's what it is, watch
> and listen to the wingers and see--also pisses me off.

I haven't been following this thread closely, so I don't know the context of your remarks. But if I catch your meaning here, it seems like we agree. Probably there were things that Nagin or Blanco could have done differently, but there's a real danger that Bush is going to try to shift the blame from him to the local authorities. Even the best local officials would have been overwhelmed here, and it was the feds' job to take charge and organize a real evacuation. They didn't, and for that there should be hell to pay.