[lbo-talk] Brooks: W the worst president of my lifetime

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 7 07:00:22 PDT 2005

>>This was just posted to my Yale Class of '75 listserv:

>>Does this mean that dipstick Brooks is a political scientist? Time to
>>retroactively change majors to something more socially acceptable like,
>>say, sheep pimping.
>
>Well....as much as I loathe Brooks -- though he was acidly right about the
>bobos -- I think his ditching the Bush boat is a good sign. The guy has
>always been good at figuring out which ass to kiss. So if he thinks Bush's
>shit is starting to stink, I'll take it to indicate a shift in the zeitgeist.
>
>I've been going to this nail shop for three years now and this is the
>first time I've heard people talk about anything except family and the
>first time I've heard people talking to someone they didn't know. It was
>quite striking. Course, I piped in and backed up everything she said, but
>there wasn't much point really. She was right on the money.

These are promising signs, especially with Brooks, however, even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's too bad it takes something the scale of Katrina to get people to notice what's going on, and start to regain some minor sense of community.

I'm looking to see the corrective action start this Sunday, the 4th anniversary of 9/11. Bushco are desperate for something, anything, to take people's minds off the fiasco in NO and anticipate seeing them fully exploit the one day festival of flag, jingoism, mourning and the ongoing war on the heathens to snap to snap everyone back into line. Interesting to see if it works. My money is on the media suddenly remembering their role as compliant mouthpieces.

More cynical than the average bear,

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo