[lbo-talk] Why the anti-reality bubble won't break

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:47:19 PDT 2005

On 9/7/05, Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Counterpunch has published two excellent essays today. The one by Dunbar-Ortiz is one of those you send around to people.

The only times I can give any kudos to sloppy Counterpunch is when they do publish writers like Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz or the Peter Linebaugh from a few days ago. In those two examples because they are marxists w/o the agit-prop boilerplate keys on their keyboard, their brains or in their souls. Roxanne, given her poor Okie upbringing, has a very finely tuned sense of class. Didn't, like way too many ideology drunk upper class leftists from the Weather Underground (or this nudnik http://www.counterpunch.org/neumann09062005.html , who I'll get to in a sec.) fantasize or rationalize away violence or looting liquor from mom and pop stores, as supposedly liberatory strategy 'stickin; it to The Man and presaging the Revolutionary Seizure of Power. And, she, having worked on behalf of Iraqi communists and Kurds in the 80's, gives hell to lefties who attempt to divert attn. to the true culprits of Halabja.

Michael, "have fun w/ anti-semitism, " Neumann, in this, "From Victims to Insurgents: But What About the Snipers?, " from the above Counterpunch URL, like some vulgar mirroring of rightist rat. choice/cost/benefit analysis attempts to conceptualize some intended message from what hooliganism did happen. This is the type of "left" mentality neo-cons and paleo-con racists eat up. Fred Hampton is still dead, shot many times in his bed sleeping. He wasn't just re-incarnated.