[lbo-talk] Why the anti-reality bubble won't break

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:16:00 PDT 2005

On 9/7/05, Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:

I mean, most of Bush's core supporters will proudly
> tell you that any minute now they expect Jesus Christ to appear in the
> sky, riding a white horse, wearing a red robe, leading a heavenly host
> of angels and saints, and all those who are "in Christ," the dead and
> the quick, will rise to meet him in the sky, and . . .

Googling, "Rapture, " found this board, http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=218902 where they are all taking about the USG and the flood and misery. Post there, lbo'sters, and begin to tear down the Christian Right rank and file image of Lefties as Demons. The cracks in the ahem , "hegemonic discourse, " can be widened if y'all get over your image of ALL of these folks as, "unsavable."

"Hear Me, Oh Preacher Michael Parenti, Gloria LaRiva, Dennis Bernstein! Save Me from communicating w/ the Those I Have The Truth For Here In Counterpunch! 'Yea Though I Walk Through The Valley of Suburbia I Shall Not Fear Dialogue with Those Unlike Me, Who Shops At Whole Foods, Wears Birkenstocks, Sends My Kids to Private Schools, Reads Utne Reader, is a, "Trainer, " or Consultant, And Just Got Back
>From A Seminar In Sedona in a Sweat Lodge."

-- Michael Pugliese