[lbo-talk] Bush: what went wrong?

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Wed Sep 7 14:19:36 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood

At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had "absolutely no credentials."

She related that she had urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Michael Brown.

"He said 'Why would I do that?'" Pelosi said.

"'I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'"