[lbo-talk] Chavez to Speak in NYC's Riverside Church on Sep. 16th

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 9 06:59:09 PDT 2005

> What I'm sick of.

I'm sick of many things, many big and important things -- like the fact that the government of the United States just left thousands of its citizens behind, exposed to possible death from dehydration, heatstroke, and lack of insulin or critical medicines, while meanwhile big, bad Fidel Castro offered 1,100 doctors to ease the crisis.

But one less-important thing that I'm sick of -- on this list -- is someone who mixes racism with red-baiting. Case in point: the statement that a black church is made up of "useful idiots" who were "gulled" by white "Leninist cynics." And that is all I will say in the matter.