[lbo-talk] God cleaned up NO public housing

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Fri Sep 9 10:04:48 PDT 2005

You know, perhaps a month is too long to be here because I was just waiting for someone to say that. It had to happen.

For the first time in my life I saw an episode of the 700 Club the other day. Okay, I didn't watch it all, I admit it, but I did see about 15mins or so... maybe more... it seemed like more. Anyway, Pat was mumbling lyrical about New Orleans and you could just feel it there, in every confused pause and steadying breath (how old is he anyway?), the desire to say the place was a den of iniquity and God had taken it down.

Give it a month and I'd say the Sodom and Gomorrah refs will be flying thick and fast. Maybe two. However long it takes to pass through the telethon-esque phase of the coverage.

Catherine

--

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.