[lbo-talk] Chavez to Speak in NYC's Riverside Church on Sep. 16th

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 9 17:28:39 PDT 2005

> Cseniornyc at aol.com quoted someone:
>

> Is Chavez above criticism? As I'm sure you know, there are leftists
> in Venezuela that are critical of Chavez for a number of reasons -
> does that make them neocons too?

:-) The leftists in Venezuela who are "criticizing" Chavez are
self-labelled "stalinists" or "trotskyists."

And in any case, criticism _in_ Venezuela would be politically relevant (right or wrong) while the kind of empty "criticism" that he gets from u.s. "leftists" is either ultra-left dogmatism or pure red-baiting from the political slums.

Carrol