[lbo-talk] Private Hate Mail Gang Up

ravi lbo at kreise.org
Fri Sep 9 20:19:52 PDT 2005

ravi wrote:

> there's one trick you can do: subscribe with two addresses, say X and Y.
> visit the lbo-talk web page (http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/), login as X,
> (scroll to bottom) and set mail delivery to "disabled". now post all
> messages as X, but drop all email coming to X in your mailbox (you can
> setup filters in your mailreader to do that automatically).

i forgot to add: you should filter carefully so you can still get list admin email...

also, i hit send too early in my response to jordan: w.r.t "owning your words", kidding aside, there are IMHO valid concerns/reasons for individuals to wish to withhold their identities on such a list. non-citizens, perhaps, are an example.

re: public transportation: it is indeed better in europe! ;-)

do you folks use konfabulator (yeah i know doug has the funky macos tiger with its imitation dashboard whatever thingummy)? i am thinking of writing a little widget that shows you your post count for the day... ;-) i think this is my third, but i could be wrong. (my sent folder says i am right...)

--ravi