[lbo-talk] Private Hate Mail Gang Up

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 20:20:15 PDT 2005

--- Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> What I hate is people who whine that "it's better in
> Europe" and only
> can talk about how Greyhound smells like urine.

Well Greyhound does smell like urine. And then there is the smell of urine as it mingles with the scent of fried chicken wrapped in tin-foil...a staple of greyhound passengers.

On the other hand, despite the food being generally better in Europe, I have got food-poisoning there more times than in the US. Chinese food is better in America (at least in San Francisco) than it is in Europe...and why not?! After all, we invented chinese food :) Ok, so most of us cannot afford to go to the hospital, but have you ever been to a hospital in France. Talk about feeling like a number. And the apartments in London are too damn cold in the Winter. And something is wrong with a country (like France) that recognizes Jerry Lewis as a comedian rather than the MC of a telethon. Pizza (another food we invented) is too salty in most pizzerias in Italy. The mosquitoes in America are less aggressive than those of Finland. You think you grew up in a boring hick town...try Oslo on a Saturday night. How would you like to be from a country-Sweden- whose best know musical group is "Abba"?

So there (sticking tongue out of mouth), Europe is not ALWAYS better.

-Thomas