[lbo-talk] Jerry Lewis as worst-case scenario [was Re:PrivateHateMail Gang Up]

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 07:43:01 PDT 2005

> What's not to dislike?

Well, Carl, if you can't see it, you can't see it. So it goes. Comedy's subjective, perhaps the most subjective art there is.

We're all aware that you despise and hate many many things, Carl. Your sarcasm and cynicism are noted daily. But what moves you? What makes you weep? laugh? Surely you're not merely an online grimace and sneer. I don't recall ever reading a post by you that didn't drip with some element of contempt, however humorously put forth. And while I concede that we live in contemptible times, there must be something in this samsara world that touches you without condition. Please, share.

Dennis