[lbo-talk] black vote

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 10 09:23:41 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> I predict the biggest 2008 GOTV among blacks in history. If you thought the
> Black Caucus was pissed at Nader last election, if any third party tries to
> get them to mobilize votes to a third party candidate, he'll be more than
> cussed at.

Well, I'll be cursed at then, because I sure as hell mean to campaign hard against voting for _any_ Democrat in 2006, 2008, 2010, though I don't really plan on still being around for that.

If the DP wins in 2008, and there is no _huge_ mass movement independent of electoral politics, the RP winner in either 2112 or 2116 will make Bush look in comparison like a combination of Washington, Lincoln, and FDR. Ex-ABBs will pray for the good old days under Bush.

Carrol