[lbo-talk] Re: Jerry Lewis as worst-case scenario

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 11 13:15:25 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Miles writes:

> Moreover, Emerson-style personal reflection is not
necessary to get to your conclusion that we could structure society to > distribute resources more effectively so that everyone could live rich and varied lives.

As long as it gets to that conclusion who cares?

> We can get there much more simply by stating
"everybody's life matters, we're all in this " together".

That is Miles' Way. I do not think we can achieve a world where people "live rich and varied lives" by demanding that they all follow the same path. What is simple for Miles may be difficult for others.

> And again, thousands of years of human culture have
demonstrated that you don't need to think like Emerson to come to that conclusion.

But you can come to that conclusion by thinking like Emerson. Why do you want to be authoritarian and close off a viable path? Who died and left you Cyclops?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhst Resister