[lbo-talk] Orange revolution, how are ye

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 14:40:23 PDT 2005

--- Mark S <bunyak1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> And here's a business point of view from a Yahoo!
> group. Ukraine could
> learn a lot from the U.S. on how to manage
> corruption...
>
> Analysis by Walter Prochorenko, PhD
>
> The resignations and upheaval in President
> Yushchenko’s government, as the
> allegations of corruption mount, come as no surprise
> to the many that have
> been doing business in Ukraine for the past several
> years. This was as
> inevitable as was the “Orange Revolution” itself.

As I said over and over again during the OR, and nobody believed me, this was another cycle well-known to anybody who watches the fSU. A government comes to power, hailed by the West as a "pro-Western non-corrupt, democratic regime." The new government quickly becomes a copy of its predecessor, and then the West starts looking for a new "pro-Western non-corrupt, democratic regime." It's truly hilarious.

In fact, the only new leader who has made a real difference has been Putin, who was, ironically, appointed by Yeltsin.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

______________________________________________________ Yahoo! for Good Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter