[lbo-talk] public transportation [was: Private Hate Mail Gang Up]

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Mon Sep 12 09:52:18 PDT 2005

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

Wojtek:

Greyhound and affiliated companies buses do smell of urine when their toilets are not maintained properly.

Yes, I'm compelled to agree.

Greyhound's so awful that one day, while riding the non-stop from Philly to Manhattan isle, I found myself sitting next to a sewer rat.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the rat insisted upon reading a particularly good Malcolm Gladwell article in that month's issue of the "New Yorker" from over my shoulder.

Did I mention that the rat smelled like urine and ancient potato chips?

Boy, Greyhound sure does suck.

I once rode a Greyhound from Tampa to San Diego, just for the hell of it. Next time, I'd ride a bike. Or walk.