[lbo-talk] Re: NYC Primary Tomorrow

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 12 11:31:01 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Liza writes:

> But doesn't the recent Hurricane disaster show
us that there is much to be said for government that functions well and is neither corrupt nor racist? We do have that with Mike. He's also neither sentimental, stupid, nor cheezy, which I admit I find pretty compelling and unusual.

But he is virulently homophobic.

1) TJ and I coujld be married now (of course all LBOsters are invited when it does happen) if Bloomberg hadn't appealed the judge's ruling.

2) He refuses to enforce the rule that companies doing more than $100,000 worth of business with the city must offer insurance to domestic partners.

3) He refuses to enforce the non-bullying legistlation.

As Daffy Duck would say: "What's there to like?"

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister