[lbo-talk] racial divide

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 13 17:18:54 PDT 2005

Gary? wrote:

>is this our own blindspot, we are shocked because we don't expect these views.
>Are we just as blinkered, just as removed from reality ?

I'll plead guilty to this: I live in New York and most of my friends are left of center to some degree or other (though CSenior says my borough of residence blinds me to the really groovy leftwing stuff going on in the world). So I don't get much white ressentiment in my life.

I was surprised by the 65-75% number though. I'd have guessed more like 50-55%. How much better a place the USA would be if we could get it down to 40%. A modest goal for 2010.

Doug