[lbo-talk] do i have this right?

Grandma Gertie oudeis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:37:15 PDT 2005

so, this deadbeat doesn't pay his $427 invoice. We do the usual, thing, following through on the contract terms. No payee.

We send another with the late fee tacked on, since it's over 60 days.

He phones and tells R that he will countersue in small claims court for his attorney fees?

What? We have a contract and numerous e-mail exchanges.. Is this just a bluff or do small claims court judges really take this stuff seriously?

BTW, as for the legal asst job: that went kaplooey. *sigh* wasted a whole day studying. can I, like, write this off on my income taxes or something? jeez!

oh, and we spent three days preparing stuff for the joker and his bozo attorney. now they are saying they don't have time to look at it, no deal, we can't even have our _freelance_ work. not a thing. they lead our attorney to believe we could put a portfolio up with graphics, etc and material that was cleansed of any client names. it already was.

now, they're saying: nope. no way. some people are really just wacked out beyond belief. the freelance stuff that we did for this guy is unequivocally ours to put on line. without a contract..... but they're threatening to follow through on the lawsuit anyway.

roller coaster rides are sooooooooooooooooo much fun.