[lbo-talk] Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Judge declares Pledge unconstitutional

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 14 19:55:52 PDT 2005

Dear List:

>Michael Perelman writes:

> The gay marriage ban created serious hardships
> for many people.

And it is still creating major headaches for my husband and myself.

> I believe that some people have come a long way in
understanding gay marriage, but the long run success would have been faster if the GLB movement had don more to make alliances with unions, Black churches, and others.

And the color of the sky in your world is?

Here is a free clue (you'll have to buy the rest): Black churches only like queers when they are in the closet and play the organ.

> Probably better previous communication about hate crimes
would have made the case for gay marriage more understandable for people.

Since most people thought queers were only getting what they deserve, I doubt it.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister