[lbo-talk] Planes, trains, and automobiles, was: public transportation

Gary? slade.g at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:51:41 PDT 2005

oh right : http://www.lovearth.net/gmdeliberatelydestroyed.htm

http://www.tlio.demon.co.uk/socal.htm

> Southwest (and
> these days Jet Blue) have significantly changed the mobility of USers
> in the last twenty years in a way that Europe can only dream of.

wasn't it a european, freddy laker, who challenged the major trans atlantic lines and drove down air fares between London and New York. Spain became a major holiday destination for working class English people because of cheap air fares and they've been harassing the poor spaniard for more than twenty years, more like forty. Cheap and easy air travel most probably developed along similar lines on both sides of the Atlantic Although airfares have plummeted to absurd levels in Europe recently there have always been deals . I also wonder when USers engage in this mobility, is this business travel or vacation ?

>: it's just so much better to fly.

and when the price of avfuel puts air travel out of reach for the rest of us ?

Gary? ride si sapis