[lbo-talk] alternation

JC Helary jch.helary at free.fr
Thu Sep 15 04:03:00 PDT 2005

Chris Doss:

> What I don't get is the Japanese. How did this
> civilization with a rich, independent history -- a
> WARRIOR, IMPERIAL civilization no less -- become so
> subservient to the US? The Germans haven't done that.
> Why don't they boot the US off the goddam island and
> get their own military?

The Japanese never really left their island(s). And the _first_ time in their official history when they lost against a foreign power was 1945 with the US occupation.

Besides, they have their own military. It was the 2nd military budget until very recently (what, last year ?) when China became second...

Japan is used by the US only as much as it uses the US.

JC Helary