[lbo-talk] "The World" on environmentalist protest

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:23:51 PDT 2005

A couple of days ago, I was listening to U.S. Public Radio International's news show "the World." They reported on an interesting environmental protest in Paris (France, not Texas).

At night, someone is sneaking out and taking the air out of the tires of SUVs and leaving anti-SUV leaftets on them.

What was most interesting about this is that it's totally legal, since it does no permanent damage. And private lawsuits to deal with this are too expensive to be worth it (especially since it's unknown who is doing it).

It's almost as if "the World" was encouraging this to happen here!

It's not like I would ever encourage such a thing. -- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.