[lbo-talk] Military requests medics from anarchist relief project

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Sep 16 09:26:35 PDT 2005

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Chuck, thanks for posting these reports and for the work you're doing
> with community run and focused relief agencies.
>
> Around here, you and your anarchist colleagues take a lot of flak for
> being, allegedly, 'pie-in-the-sky'ers' but the aftermath of Katrina has
> shown the effectiveness of the grassroots, mutual aid model.

Thanks!

> What's most impressive to me is that even while the neo-libs make their
> plans to turn New Orleans into a "free market" mecca, others, such as
> Common Ground, are decisively moving, with at least as much dedication,
> to put their own dreams into action.

It looks it is a crucial time to organize people in New Orleans and the "diaspora" to demand a say in the re-building efforts. It looks like many residents are already doing that right now and I hope that the American left will respond with support. The plans to build a Wal-Mart in the Ninth Ward are fucked up. The real estate speculator vultures are fucked up.

Let's hope that positive things come out of this situation.

Chuck