[lbo-talk] Re: demonology, death tolls, responsibility avoidance

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:44:26 PDT 2005

On Friday, September 16, 2005 12:01 PM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>
>> The translation presented was stiff, and the vernacular was
>> *obviously* western.
>> As I said, it sounds like a reiteration of GWB's "bring it on" brag.

> I don't get your point. Saddam's regime wasn't murderous and
> repressive? It's all the invention of Bush & Hitchens?

Let's talk "why?" Let's talk scale, let's talk "who controls the release of the translation, and the vested interests of those people in maintaining a paycheck, place to live, and food on the table...".

Do I trust HRW? About... .. . ... ....63% +-

But most importantly, let's talk responsiblility for our own mass murderers and let the Iraqi people figure *their* villians out in their own cultural "milleu".

[Albeit, it may be too late. Our intervention in the affairs of a SOVERIGN STATE may have already propelled a millenium long Hatfield-McCoy feud into a full blown civil war. Doesn't that make each and every one of us responsible for *that* circumstance? An act of "positioning* a country in the circumstance that genocide becomes *more* likely?]

"U.S. Public - Accomplice to genocide", how does that headline strike you?

No? Didn't think you'd like it... let's talk about Saddam.

All I'm trying to say is: Don't circumscribe the issue by putting SH in the middle of the circle, it's boring, and more importantly puts each and every one of us in the position of observer (like fixating on chemtrails might do) because we have absolutely no control over the event, instead of a position that requires active audience involvement on our part towards something we can change... ...a murderous U.S Government.

Have I clarified my position?

Leigh www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml