[lbo-talk] Global warming 'past the point of no return'

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:24:08 PDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Gar Lipow wrote:
> >

> > I agree that capitalism is the cause. I refuse to be so hopeless as to
> > take the position that we have to await world revolution to make
> > changes in capitalist behavior.
>
> Gar, I quit reading at this point. Of course we don't have to wait for
> the revolution to change capitalist behavior. In the last 150 years we
> have already made huge changes in it, and I hope to make more.
>
> My claim is more specific. We will not under capitalism stop the forces
> of global warming.

Why are we unable to stop these forces, but able to stop other?. I would understand though not agree with an argument that we are unable to make any change. But if you acknowledge the ability to make changes why is this particular change different from other changes? -- Please note: Personal messages should be sent to [garlpublic] followed by the [at] sign with isp of [comcast], then [dot] and then an extension of net