[lbo-talk] Unions' Inflatable Rat an Endangered Species

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 23:40:55 PDT 2005

On Friday, September 16, 2005 7:12 PM [PDT], Steven L. Robinson <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Unions' Inflatable Rat an Endangered Species
> Unions say the prop is protected under the Constitution.
>
> Workforce Management - September 9, 2005
>
> http://www.workforce.com/section/00/article/24/15/94.html

Two words: Frivolous Lawsuit. Definitely first amendment.

NLRB has what legal standing with this issue?

It's not in the workplace, and it may not even be a company or union employee that's flying the rat (I'll volunteer!). The phrase: "Chilling effect on free speech" comes to mind.

It will eat up a lot of union war chest funds to keep the rat flying though, which I'm sure is the reason *for* these BS lawsuits.

Leigh