[lbo-talk] Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 17 08:49:17 PDT 2005

My wife brought the item to my attention. A much more muted and benign form of self-objectification is the tendency of many progressive feminists to wear lipstick, perfume, and dye their hair. Now I will quickly put on my helmet, because whenever Walker (yes, her first name) and I have chided left-wing women friends about this, the brickbats have quickly rained down on us. But in cyberspace, I feel safer, and it is an interesting question, no? And maybe one to pose to Ms. Levy.

BTW, could you again provide the url of the radio station airing your show. You sure seem to have an array of interesting guests.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:24 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Contemporary forms of female self-objectification