[lbo-talk] Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Sep 17 09:20:25 PDT 2005

-----Original Message----- From: Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca>

> A much more muted and benign form
of self-objectification is the tendency of many progressive feminists to wear lipstick, perfume, and dye their hair.

But Marvin, I like to wear cologne, and I keep my nails a little long because, well, I don't have that many attractive physical attributes but I do have nice nails. And believe me, if I could get away with dying my hair--as it is, I'm going to shave my head and my grey, grey mustache for job hunting next week. Perhaps that's self-objectification, or perhaps I simply like to ornament the object that is my body.

And once I get that job, I'm getting my ear re-pierced,

John or Johnene? You make the call