[lbo-talk] Global warming 'past the point of no return'

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:51:03 PDT 2005

On Friday, September 16, 2005 7:24 PM [PDT], Gar Lipow <the.typo.boy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are we unable to stop these forces, but able to stop other?. I
> would understand though not agree with an argument that we are unable
> to make any change. But if you acknowledge the ability to make changes
> why is this particular change different from other changes?

Because petrochemicals have created social circumstances that are addictive to humans?

Because the "individuality" that's bred by scooting around in little tin boxes that go incredibly faster than we can walk is somehow comforting us and destroying us at the same time, but we rationalize the destruction away to maintain the "comfort"?

(of mobility, I guess, the ability to flee...)

Leigh