[lbo-talk] Two out of three graduates of America's topuniversities...

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 12:28:20 PDT 2005

> David Eisenhower, the historian who is the grandson of President Dwight
> Eisenhower, expressed similar sentiments in an afterword he wrote for one
> of several new editions of the Constitution being distributed nationwide.
> Citing a 1998 survey carried out for the National Constitution Center, a
> nonprofit group, he said: "More young Americans could name the Three
> Stooges than the three branches of government."

I seriously doubt this, for there were more than Three Stooges: there were six. After Moe, Larry and Curly, there's Shemp (my fave, an original Stooge before he left the act for a solo career and was replaced by Curly), Joe Besser and Curly Joe DeRita. Can anyone honestly say that most young Americans know all this? Hell, I'll bet the majority don't even know who Larry was.

Actually, Moe, Larry and Curly would be better names for the three branches of govt.

Dennis