[lbo-talk] Wake Up

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Sep 19 12:13:25 PDT 2005

> I know this will get your juices flowing, Wojtek. Sheehan has been
> compared to Lech Walesa (of the Gdansk shipyard not the presidency).
> Would you care to comment on the appropriateness and the implications of
> that comparison? ;-)
>
> The Sandwichman

I think it is an appropriate comparison. Both are useful storefronts providing a 'popular face' for the machinations of one part of the elite trying to unseat another part of the elite. I do not know Ms. Sheehan personally so I cannot comment about her personal characteristic, but Walesa was - and still is - a buffoon.

Wojtek