[lbo-talk] Gallup has Bush at 40

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Sep 19 19:44:52 PDT 2005

Jim Farmelant wrote:

> The good news for progressives is that Bush's poll numbers
> are dropping into the high thirties. The bad news is that
> his numbers will not go much lower than they are
> now simply because the hardcore base for him or
> any Republican president is around 35%. But
> that still gives us a clear majority that may be open
> to a progressive alternative.

I think that Bush's numbers will continue to drop. We're already seeing a critical mass of Republicans defecting from Bush's quagmire of a camp. I'm betting that the final nail on the coffin will come for him when Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly decide that they can't defend him anymore despite the evidence piled up against him.

I also think now that Bush's hardcore base was less than 30%. I think that his base looked bigger because many ignorant Americans who ignore the news simply supported him through thick and thin.

By the way, let's celebrate the fact that 99% of Americans do not watch the O'Reilly Factor.

Chuck